Saturday, December 11, 2010

What I Got At The Estee Lauder Warehouse Sale

Now that I'm working for an Estee Lauder sister company I have the privilege of attending cosmetic warehouse sales. The equivalent of a designer sample sale, the cosmetics warehouse sale is a thrifty makeup junkie's dream. A colleague and I drove an hour and a half to three warehouses packed with fragrances, cosmetics and skin care from a number of Lauder-owned brands.

Mrs. Lauder invented and acquired a number of brands in her years as head of the Estee Lauder Companies including Clinique, MAC, Origins and Aveda whose products all made an appearance at the sale. Testers of blushes, eyeshadows, lipsticks and palettes were all laid out on tables and hundreds of makeup-crazy ladies were smearing colours on every available inch of their hands and arms. Blushes: $15. Eyeshadows: $12. Lipsticks: $10. I saw tons and tons of products I wanted but since I was on a budget I spent about $50 on a select few products I felt my collection was missing.

 MAC Slimshine Lipstick in Gentle Simmer

Clockwise from top left: MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow in Mayhem, MAC Paint Pot in Moss Scape, MAC Paint Pot in Perky

I left the sale with four MAC products I absolutely love! First up MAC Slimshine Lipstick in Gentle Simmer is the perfect dusty rose lipstick with the soft shine of a gloss. It has a light vanilla scent and a comfortable feel on the lips which makes me think this is going to be a fav for me. 




From left: Gentle Simmer, Mayhem (silver side then gold), Perky, Moss Scape


I've been looking for a true gold shadow with sparkle for a while now and I've finally found it in Mayhem. I love mixing the gold with greens for a warm eye or mixing the silver with purples for a cooler eye look. Both these shadows have chunky glitter which can be prone to fallout so keep that in mind the next time your looking for metallics. Both Perky and Moss Scape Paint Pots have impressed me in more ways than one. Their creamy texture makes them ultra-blendable and their wear-time and colour payoff is second to none. 

Well it's 6:30pm but since it looks like 10pm outside I think I'll change into my pjs and, make myself some tea and enjoy a good chick flick. 

Sarah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment