Friday, March 18, 2011

My Skincare Routine: I Don't Wake Up Looking This Pretty

Woo TGIF!
Except for me it doesn't mean much because I work most Saturdays...but I have Sunday off so that's something! The weather is getting so nice here and the snow is almost gone! Horah! How's the weather where you are?

I thought I'd devote this post to explaining my skincare regime since I'm so in love with all of my steps. Andrew (my hubby) often remarks that there are too many steps but I simply explain to him that each one is completely necessary. Before I started at Clinique I got my cleansers and moisturizers wherever I could afford which meant a lot of trial and error and frankly, a lot of disappointment. Now that I'm on my dermatologist-developed skincare I find my skin to better shape (although it's not perfect but whose is?) and I'm saving money since I use less of my product. Let me just say that I'm prone to enjoying a more complex skincare routine. It makes me feel like I'm taking care of everything and making sure my skin is at it's best. If the following routine seems like a lot to you that's okay! Finding the perfect regime is all about knowing how you want your skin to look/feel and how much time and money you're willing to put into it. Only have a few minutes in the morning and at night to care for your skin? Check out my post on 3-Step Skincare: twice a day in 3 minutes or less and see an improvement in your skin instantly, and over time!

Morning:
1. Wash face with Liquid Facial Soap Oily Skin Formula to remove impurities and control oil as well as loosen the bonds between dead skin cells
2. Sweep a cotton ball soaked in Clarifying Lotion #3 all over just-cleansed face to exfoliate away dead skin. (Note: Don't ask me why they call it Clarifying Lotion since it's a liquid. Weird.)
3. Massage three pumps of Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel over complexion to balance skin's natural oil and water content
4. Apply All About Eyes Serum to under-eyes to gently de-puff  and reduce dark circles
5. Apply All About Eyes Cream to under-eyes as well as lids to moisturize and again, tackle those pesky dark circles
6. Smooth two pumps of Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector over entire face to lighten dark spots caused by acne scarring (This product is actually guaranteed to work as long as you use daily sun protection)
7. Moisturize skin with Even Better Moisturizer SPF 20

Night
1. Remove eye makeup with Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover
2. Remove all other makeup with Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser
3. Follow Steps 1 to 6 of morning regime
4. Apply Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief to entire face for indulgent hydration all night long

There you have it: my entire skincare solution! This is obviously tailored to my unique skin concerns but pop by any Clinique counter and a consultant would be happy to custom-fit products for you.

Sarah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment