Sunday, June 27, 2010

New Look!

Hello Ladies and Gents!
How's your Sunday going?? Somehow my weekend just flew by again! I went out Saturday night and did a little man shopping with the hubby today. So here's the deal: new blog name = new blog format. I still want to do product reviews but I also want to integrate little happenings in my world. So let me get you up to speed: I'm a recent graduate of the University of Guelph, I just moved in with my boyfriend about 2 months ago and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Yeah, I thought I'd just jump into the heavy stuff right at the end there lol! I graduated with a degree in science but truthfully I really need a break from it. I'm currently working in a research lab on campus for the summer but in the fall I'll be looking for something completely different. Here are some jobs I've been thinking about trying out:
  • Receptionist/Secretary
  • Cosmetics Counter Lady
  • Shop Assistant (at some nice clothing store)
  • Health Canada Job
So you probably notice a general trend there. I have always loooved shopping but lately I have been absolutely obsessed with makeup. And I think I know the lady that got me hooked: Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog. Her funny upbeat posts and awesome product reviews and sneak-peaks really make me smile. And yeah, yeah I realize the last job on the list above is the only one really related to my degree but I'm young and I need to figure out what's going to make me truely happy. So for now I'm just taking it one day at a time and trying to find the meaning to my life. I'm grateful for everything I have but I hunger for my true calling.

So with the intro taken care of let's get into the story of my most recent beauty purchase! Yay! So this weekend a new Shoppers Drug Mart opened up in my neck of the woods (well it`s actually pretty far away from where my house is but hey this was one heck of a deal) and offered $20 off your purchase of $75 or more on their Beauty Boutique products. For my American and International readers Shoppers Drug Mart is the main drugstore in Canada and in the last few years theyève introduced a Beauty Boutique into newer stores that sells higher-end lines such as Smashbox, Benefit and Clarins. So yeah it's like a combination of up-scale department store brands and wicked awesome drugstore finds! Heaven! Alright, back to the story! I hopped ont he next bus over there and spent much time oggling all the pretty decor. I ended up buying a few things (you know, just to take advantage of the offer of course) which I'll write about over the next few days.

One of my purchases (and arguably the awesome-est!) was this new Smashbox Beauty Bliss Collection beauty in a box ($58). It comes with Fan Brush #22, Lip Enhancing Gloss in Lovely Lips, Bionic Mascara in Jet Black, Soft Lights in Brighten, Eye Shadow Trio in Celeb Sighting and Photo Finish Foundation Primer. Since this kit was amazing value (all the products alone are between $20-$40 each) I snapped it right up! I think I'll do a review of each product per day and I'll include some healpful pics as well. I'm going to leave it at that for this evening. Hope all of your weekends were absolutely lovely and I hope you did exactly what you wanted.

Sarah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment