Monday, July 5, 2010

Glow Big or Go Home!

As quite a fair-skinned girl I have always been afraid of bronzer. It just seemed like such an enigma to me! How do you choose a shade that'll look natural? How can you possibly blend it enough so it doesn't look like you were playing around in the dirt? These were all questions I would ask myself every summer when the topic of magazine articles and commercials turned to beautifully bronzed skin.

This year was different. I decided to throw caution to the wind and pick up a bronzing pallette. I'm here to tell you that bronze (or at least a light bronzy glow) can be done on fair skin tones. Here are 4 products I think would work well on any skin tone to achieve a pretty summer glow.



1. Clinique Self Sun Body Daily Moisturizer
After a long Candian winter of wearing layer upon layer of clothing my skin (espcially my legs) could glow in the dark they're so white. I've tried a few sunless tanners in my time to get a natural glow but they were all either too fast acting or not effective at all. Enter Clinique's Self Sun. It's a gradual moisturizer that builds up a really natural looking tan. I like the light/medium version (Clinique GWP!) so I can get just a touch of a tan. It's easy to apply and leaves my skin incredibly moisturized. It's nice because you can control the depth of your tan by applying it day by day until the desired shade is reached. Just remember to exfoliate before hand to ensure a smooth application.

2. Marcelle Multi-Colour Bronzing Pressed Powder in Bronze Celebration
This pallete was my facial bronzer introduction. This is the pallette that let me know I could do it! It's a multi-coloured palette featuring 5 stips of shimmer colour from a sun-kissed pink to a deep brown. Though I haven't used it this palette looks comparible to the Bobbi Brown Beach Shimmer Brick and is suitable for the girl on a budget! This palette cost me about $15 where the Bobbi Brown pallete is $38! I like to mix all the colours and brush them on my cheekbones for the perfect bronze shimmer or use the colours on their own to create different beachy eye looks. 

3. Clinique Blushwear Cream Stick in 01 Glow Blush

This is a blusher stick I got in a Clinique GWP a while back and I had never used one before. Basically you just apply a few swips to your cheekbones (and any other areas that would naturally get the sun like the bridge of your nose and chin) and then blend until the colour looks natural. This hasn't been my favourite product because I find it a little hard to blend and because I think the colour is a little dark for me. But I still think it's an interesting product to try if you prefer cream blushes to powder blushes or if you find they work better on your skin.

4. Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator in 01 Natural
This is yet another Gift With Purchase from Clinique. Can you tell I like the brand?? So if you're looking for more of a glow without the bronze an illuminator, or highlighter, is the way to go. So far this is the only illuminator I've used but I've loved the results. It's such a nice touch to any look and just adds a healthy glow to your features. I liek to apply it up on my cheekbones and on my brow bone to make my eyes stand out. You can also apply it to the space between your upper lip and your nose to make your lips look fuller.

Hopes this helps all of you get that special summer glow! I think I've also reiterated the awesome power of GWPs from brands you already love. You get to try new products you might have otherwise overlooked (or ignored due to their pricetags). How was your Monday? Did you have a busy start to your week or did you take it easy today?

Sarah xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Great review , I have just been reviewing the cream blush!want to follow each other ?
    Iqraa x
    www.dreamreflection123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete