Thursday, July 15, 2010

Today's Face: Easy Summer Shimmer

Hey girls! I've been sort of swamped this week with work and social events so I apologize for the lack of updates. How was your day? Productive? I got so much done in the lab and I'm feeling pretty positive about the experiments I'm doing because I've been getting really nice results. Finally!

Wanna see my Face of the Day? I kept it pretty light today since it's been crazy hot here and I put my hair up in a twisty up-do to avoid having to turn my blow dryer on :)


I used 8 products to get this fresh summer look:


1. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer - This can be worn on its own or under foundation/powder and it really evens out skin's texture, minimizes pores and helps makeup stay through the summer heat (from Smashbox Beauty Bliss Kit)

2. Covergirl Invisible Concealer in Fair - I use this as an undereye concealer for my moderately dark circles. I like it but I find it sometimes creases so I'm dying to try Benefit's Erase Paste

3. Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush in Cupid - Umm..yeah, could they say "blush" anymore in that name? lol This is a bright pink blush that provides a really nice flush to cheeks

4. Marcelle Multi-Colour Bronzing Pressed Powder in Bronze Celebration - I like to layer this multi-coloured bronzing powder on top of Cupid for a soft, sun-kissed glow (see Glow Big or Glow Home)

5. Marcelle Pressed Powder in Translucent Dark - The name of this powder is deceiving: it's not dark. You can see from the above picture I have fair skin and this powder does a good job of controlling shine while still looking uber natural

6. Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Light to Medium - I like to fill in and bring out my brows a little with this handy, easy-to-use pencil with a spoolie for blending (see Prim and Proper Sunday with Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil)

7. Smashbox Bionic Mascara in Jet Black - Separates lashes to create a natural looking fringe. I find it clumps a little on the wand through so this isn't my favourite mascara of all time (also from Smashbox Beauty Bliss Kit)

8. Benefit Lip Shine in Juicy Coral - This is such a bright shade that really draws attention to your pout and freshens up a neutral look (from Benefit Scene Queen )

What do you think of the look? Ever tried any of these products before? If so, what did you think of them??

Sarah xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment